As you probably know by now, I believe in the law of attraction, among other things. As I’ve mentioned before, I believe in God but not in the way people typically do. With that said, after spending some time with my friend Ada – an amazing blogger and networker who’s also into spirituality - I finally got around to creating an extended, more specific version of my vision board.
I’ve been practicing the law of attraction by remaining attentive to my thoughts. When my mind drifts off to the past or to anything negative, I make it a point to get back to my happy place. To do this, I listen to a song I love, write to God or do whatever it takes, but I do not allow myself to dwell on what didn’t work, what could have been or anything else that will detract from my happiness.
Lately, I’ve been having a hard time getting back to that place, not because my intensions to do so aren’t there, but because visualization has been challenging. I shared this with Ada, telling her that I was aiming to improve my mindset. If the key to success is continuously improving my mentality, then what have I got to lose? If anything, I’ll be happier, I thought.
So, when Ada said, “Make a vision board!” and she shared that she already had to make another one because everything on the one she recently created came true within six months, I knew it was time. We met up on Wednesday, and I started my vision board that night. I finished it last night, and I felt so incredible while making it and after completing it (and now when I look at it), that I URGE you to make yours.
For my vision board, I decided to focus on the following six months to a year. According to the law of attraction, the universe doesn’t measure your goals and say “This will take much longer than six months.” You simply put out the intension, and the universe makes it happen. So, don’t worry about the how. Just focus on the what - what you want and what you will feel once it comes true. Visualization is made powerful by the emotions you attach to it. Keep that in mind while you select your images. Be mindful of how they make you feel.
Here’s my completed vision board (with my world map wall sticker peeking on the right):
While designing it, I divided my vision board into six sections.
1) Love and passion: What I’d like to find in a lover and how I’d like to feel. I couldn’t incorporate all of my thoughts through images, but I’m jolted back to those thoughts and emotions when I glance at the images pictured. In short, I want romance, but I want wild passion, too! I want a man who’s open to adventures and travel. I want a worldly, intelligent man. And I want lots and lots of love – the real, genuine, profound kind – the kind that’s rare. Sweet!
2) Travel and adventures: I’m obsessed with Italy, so that’s the biggest image in that section. I didn’t plan it that way, but I did find the image. Coincidence? I think not. I want to travel [primarily] to Italy, Greece and France. I also want to return to California and the Dominican Republic. I want fun, love-filled adventures with family and friends.
3) Self: I want to be in even better shape, and I want to be healthier. With health, I can accomplish anything and everything. I want happiness and inner balance. I also want to get back to one of my passions, photography - in front of the camera.
4) Journalism: I want a career in journalism – whether it’s working for a magazine or a major network. I want to attend events and parties, walk the red carpet, interview celebrities on and off the red carpet. I’m ready to live the life of my dreams!
5) Published novel and magazine articles: This has been my greatest dream since I was a little girl. I want to publish a best-selling novel (and many more novels after that). I want to see images of YOU reading my book all over social media. I want to hear how I’ve inspired YOU in person and via social media. I also want to have articles published in major magazines, such as Cosmopolitan. I want to inspire people all over the world through my writing.
6) Life is beautiful: The words around my picture are reminders and reinforcements of what I want my life to be full of: Love, happiness and prosperity. I want to be an even more amazing woman and lead an even more beautiful life! The hearts across the board symbolize my desire for love to abound in all aspects of my life.
I hope I’ve inspired you. Are you ready to start your vision board? Do you have any questions? I want to help! Comment below, send me a tweet @TheWriteWoman, or email me: Gera@TheWriteWoman.
One last thing, one imperative reminder: Don’t forget to dream big.